What if no content info for a particular movie?

Hi

I use the SMP’s default movie database to retrieve content info.  The database doesn’t seem to recognize “The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town”.  (This is a documentary about the making of Bruce Springsteen’s 1978 album – great movie if you haven’t seen it and are even a semi-Bruce fan … but I digress.)  Instead, it keeps trying to tag it with the info for some other (cheesy looking) movie called “The Promise” (I have it set to automatically retrieve content info as this is convenient and works great for 99% of the movies I add, so I don’t want to turn this off).  I’ve searched the default database and it simply does not have the correct “The Promise” movie.

My question is what is the easiest way to use another source to retrieve the content info for this movie?  Or can I manually do this somehow using IMDB, cut and paste, microsoft paint, etc.?  I’m willing to spend a bit of time on a manual workaround (ie. - electronic arts and crafts) if need be, but I don’t know how to create a metathumb or xml file – might be straightforward-ish, I just have no idea, so I would prefer to point the SMP to another database for this one movie so that it can just scrape all the stuff itself.

Anyway, any help with the automatic and/or manual process would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Is this the movie you are looking for? Its on the tmdb.

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/50358-the-promise-the-making-of-darkness-on-the-edge-of-town

You could turn off auto, find it manually by playing around with the input info and once you have the data go back to auto.

I have just found that data by simply putting the words, the promise, into the get content info screen and then scrolling through the list of movies that came up. Yours was number 11 in the list.

That’s the one! Strange, I don’t remember everything i searched, but i did try searching the database using every reasonable search term I could think of, which I have to think would have included simply “the promise”, but I had no luck. I found about a dozen other similarly named movies instead. Obviously I did something wrong or simply missed it somehow. I’ll check again. Thanks for taking the time to look at this and respond.