What are the differences between the WDTV Live (2011) and the new WDTV Live Streaming

I am thinking of getting a new WDTV Live Streaming to replace my old WDTV Live (2011)  and was wondering what the differences are between them especially

What types of  files will the streaming play that the old one will not ie HD audio

What diffeence is there between the on screen displays

They’re the same thing.

I thought that the streaming had a better interface showing the information about movies etc that the old does not.

The “OId” is 2009, not 2011.

The 2011 version is the most recent WD offers.

Sorry i ment the 2009 version

WDTV Live SMP (2011 version) has bult in wireless, better UI, media library, and much better remote. I’m sure there’s more differences than that but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. 

does the new one have an xml decoder/reader like hub did? that’s the main thing i’m looking for.

Its basicly the hub without the harddrive option so if the hub does it this does it.

I am confused about which is the latest version.

I came across this message at the begingin of the forum but noted the date as 10-06-2011

===========
    Welcome to the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Forums
   [New]
   Options

10-05-2011 12:25 PM - edited 10-06-2011 08:13 AM

WD welcomes you to the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Forums.  
   Feel free to share your experiences with the release of the new WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

Model Numbers WDBHG7 (NTSC) and WDBGXT (PAL).

I Believe WD changed/enhanced the product but left the styling the same.

So is it still true that the latest PAL (UK) version is WDBGXT

as in this link

http://www.dabs.com/products/western-digital-tv-live-streaming-media-player-7R19.html?q=WD%20TV%20Live&src=16

if this is the latest version I will order it now.

Is there  any possibility that a web browser will be added in a future firmware release?

thanks

mabelg wrote:

I am confused about which is the latest version.

I came across this message at the begingin of the forum but noted the date as 10-06-2011

===========
    Welcome to the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Forums
   [New]
   Options

10-05-2011 12:25 PM - edited 10-06-2011 08:13 AM

WD welcomes you to the WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Forums.  
   Feel free to share your experiences with the release of the new WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

Model Numbers WDBHG7 (NTSC) and WDBGXT (PAL).

I Believe WD changed/enhanced the product but left the styling the same.

So is it still true that the latest PAL (UK) version is WDBGXT

as in this link

http://www.dabs.com/products/western-digital-tv-live-streaming-media-player-7R19.html?q=WD%20TV%20Live&src=16

if this is the latest version I will order it now.

Is there  any possibility that a web browser will be added in a future firmware release?

thanks

Yes that’s the latest model

About the browser, it has been requested by other users

At the moment the browser feature has been requested but unfortunately is not supported.

You can get more info on the link bellow:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/add-a-webbrowser/idi-p/329223

Thanks for that