Western Digital WD1003FZEX Black 1TB sitting at 28+ Hours to Erase

As the title says I have a WD1003FZEX that has been erasing for over 24 hours, the WD Lifeguard Program failed it for the first 2 tests and now on the 3rd it seems to be taking an abnormal amount of time.

Should I be worried?  Or is this normal?  This is the first time I have ever had any sort of issue with a WD HDD.

A little background info if it helps, I started to get a windows 7 error stating I should back up the drive and erase it due to errors, I installed Harddisk Sentinel to test the drive and it reported it at 9% Health.  After that I DL’d and installed in WD HD Tool mentioned above and as stated it failed the first 2 tests and now it is… well taking much longer then I feel it should.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi if WD datalife guard wont complete and also HD Sentinal reporting 9 % health it is time to RMA that drive. You can go here to check the warranty status and also start the RMA process.  http://support.wd.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en

Thanks, was just contacted by Support as well and advised the same.

One more question, my faulty drive was delivered Friday morning and I was wondering how long does it usually take for the RMA status to update?