WDTV users with a Pogoplug -- read this

Folks with a Pogoplug will find this informative:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Get-Pogoplug-amp-WDTV-working-together-perfectly/td-p/671463

Hello,

Good, thanks for sharing.

Mike, this is brilliant info. Thanks for actually figuring out how to connect Pogoplug drives to a WD Devices. I followed your directions and was up an running within a few minutes. Note that I could not get this to work on Windows 8, but Windows 7 worked fine as the passthrough sharing device.

I was already extremely pleased with my Pogoplug Series 4, getting access to my media on my mobile devices from both my local network and via the Internet. The addition of now being able to have that media also show up on my WD Devices as network shares really increases the utility and value of the Pogoplug.

Thanks for the killer tip.

-P

pearl,

Windows 8 issue thoughts: 

Something is going on with Win 8 shares perhaps, and/or since you have the PP originally shared on your Win 7, I believe, perhaps that is why your Win 8 PC doesn’t work with this solution.  BTW, can you even see the PP drive on your Win 8 machine’s My Computer, or only on the Win 7’s?  Having mutiple PC’s could be the problem’s cause, and nothing else.  I would imagine that the PP drives only show up on the machine associated with the PP since the network shared PP drives appear as shares on the PP-associated PC.  Do you even have the PP Backup program installed and running on the Win 8, or just the Win 7 PC?