WDTV SMP - Folder view query

First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong section and I recognise that SMP is quite old tech by this point, but I’m hoping someone can help me.

I have over 3,000 music videos organised into m3u playlists that I play off the SMP through an external hard drive. I would like to keep adding more but the dashboard is now getting a bit messy.

I was hoping to be able to organise some playlists further by putting them into folders (essentially you’d have a first line of folders and then playlists within them almost behaving like subfolders, if that makes sense?). It appears though that the SMP doesn’t like having both Folders or Playlists displaying at the same time to achieve this. Playlists don’t show in Folder view and vice versa and it seems to be a one or the other situation. Is there any way at all to force the SMP to display both so that I can do what I’m looking for?

Hi,

Please refer to the following KB article: Error

The is no way to “force” the WD TV to do something it was not programmed to do.

I know this is an old thread. I have not logged in here for a long time. You can put playlists into folders (directories). And, if you view the drives under ‘files’ vs ‘videos’ your playlists will show up along side your movie folders. Viewing ‘videos’ will NOT show playlists. Viewing ‘files’ will show them - as I believe you desire.