WDTV Live stops playback mid file

Hi guys,

My WDTV Live has started being a naughty boy after working well fo years.

Mid way through streaming a file from my WD network drive (TV programs) it just stops !!!

It will not respond to the remote so I pull the power lead, count to 10 (don’t know why, but I always do) and plug it back in.

Select the same file, fast forward to where it stopped and play.

It sometimes does the same thing more than once in a file, but often plays to the end, it sometimes does it more than once an evening sometimes it play OK.

A couple of times I have got an error message saying memory is low please re-start.

I can see no logic to the faults, it seems to be random and nothing on my network has changed for ages (I have Windows update turned off).

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, or should I buy something else?

Regards,

Paul 

first thing to try is a factory reset … either via the reset hole with a paperclip or via the setup > system menus

JoeySmyth wrote:

first thing to try is a factory reset … either via the reset hole with a paperclip or via the setup > system menus

Hi Joey,

Did a reset via System Menus as you suggested, but for some reason it won’t find my Windows Shares any more.

I don’t have the manual any more, so I don’t remember if there is any thing in the setup which I have got wrong.

Regards,

Paul

PaulRichardson wrote: I don’t have the manual any more> http://finearts.uvic.ca/sim/equipment/manuals/_av_convert/western_digital_4779-705062.pdf