WDTV Live SMP > Jerky Playback on ALL Files with VC-1 Codec :((

Well, that’s a long complicated answer, something that I just don’t have time to go into.  Yes, your TV shows 24Hz, but it’s not displaying the video at 24fp, that’s only what the TV is receiving.  And I’m not even going to get into that, for that you can see the post here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=209386

But as I said, the problem is most likely in how the video is muxed considering that the mkv is jerky, but the m2ts isn’t.

You said “Having a file that is 24p doesn’t mean that your TV or SMP Hz should be @ 24Hz.”
I simply asked why the player changes my TV to 24Hz when I play a 24fps video if what you say is true.
Should the player change the TV or not?

Of course it should. There’s still some judder however, cause this feature does not work as it should ATM.

Tinwarble: I don’t know what i’m doing wrong merging Video and Audio to mkv together using mkvtoolnix, like usually i never change the framerate or something i just select to Play both tracks (V + A) as Forced Titles and and disable the Header Compression I’m doing so for years now the same way with mkvtoolnix and ALL these Files even with AVC or VC-1 play Fine on my old gen.2 device:wink:

I have to correct: The Faulty Playback on the SMP with VC1 Files is not every 3 Seconds its every 1 second I get an hard shrug/jerk on the Playback:cry:

Has anyone checked the sample?

Not yet, probably will make it tonight. Try this in the meatime.

ok^^ i try it,  will report back then:wink:

Your clip is a bit short. There’s a bit judder for me but no way as bad as in my clip (check the tricycle when it’s moving out of the picture and the skull at the end). However, since both clips run just fine when muxed to m2ts, it’s not related to VC-1 (you have set match framerate to on, right?).

yeah, sorry about that short clip (my internet connection is not the best took me 20 minutes to upload it - i can upload another sample for you if you want me to:wink:

I just tried your sample (thank you for that:smiley:) and it runs great !!! :smileyvery-happy: thats exactly how its should be:wink:

I recorded it with my Camera, this is the way Your sample looks like:

>> Smooth

And this is the Way my VC-1 Files look like (jerky)

>> not Smooth

^^this is how it goes the whole entire Movie long:cry:

My Video Settings are set on 1080p, 24hz on default > no changes.

How can I make my MKV VC1-Files run like yours, plz tell me the Secret:smileyvery-happy:

Not much to say. I ripped the movie with MakeMKV and split the file with MKVToolnix.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue… VC-1 MKV stutters right from the beginning of playing.

I am playing from a connected USB HDD

So I figured out my problem, I tried the following:

• Playing over NAS Network share (wired Qnap) Skipped less but still skipped.

• Playing off different External HDD (WD My Book) Skipped just as bad

I switched to the front USB port, everything runs perfect\ with either the Seagate or the WD drive.

What is with this? Faulty USB port? A Firmware driver issue?

What clip are you talking about? Is mine also skipping? What happens when you remux it to m2ts?

Not a clip, It was my own media files (VC-1 in a mkv with TrueDTS)… I can try your clip but I don’t think it will matter, seems my rear USB is jacked because when plugged in the front it works perfect.

Granted the NAS is still having issues…