WDTV Live - random avi files being converted to folders

Worked perfect! :ok_hand: Thanks so much! :wink:

Can you tell us what is causing this problem? I know, you said the preview mode, but what happens there exactly that turns the files into folders? I’d love to understand…

Oh yeah, and by the way: Happy New Year everybody! :blush:

HELP! Now, suddenly, also .pls files are affected :scream: When time permits, could you please upload a new version of your tool - once again? :blush: That would be great!

Also can you PLEEEASE tell us what is causing this and how to prevent these corruptions? :no_mouth:

Where can I find the “Preview Mode”? I have set the Audio, Video and Picture options “Thumbnail / List / Preview Mode” to “List” where possible and turned any Preview I could find off. Still, my files are being corrupted! :disappointed:

Is there another hidden “Preview Mode” somewhere else? Has turning off the Preview (which one exactly?) actually fixed the issue for anybody here? Any input on this matter would be highly appreciated…

Thanks for your help! :smiley:

I had uploaded a new version of my tool but I realy don’t know what is the problem about the WD, the preview mode only work on movie and music
http://1drv.ms/1Yd3v6N

Éric Gagné - Analyste-programmeur
senior

Technicien informatique cls princ.

Commission scolaire Du
Pays-des-Bleuets

276-2012 Poste 4027

How to change the files from new version1.06.42_B) to older version . I downloaded _1.06.16_B version but unable to upload . can have a step y step procedure …

Hi TheBigSimon,

Could you please make the latest version of your tool available, I forgot to get it when you posted the last time and it appears to be no longer available.

Thanks

maybe this one does the same thing ? (Big Simon in an old post said it’s Payware [because it nags you to pay $5] … but it looks like Free to me, even if you don’t wanna pay :wink:

http://www.eggcentric.com/FixWDFolders.htm

I have been one more of this ridiculous wd bug.
I lost one 500gb hd full of movies because of that.

Anyway I did the procedures to roll back to the previous firmware.
1st to 1.06.15. Then I tried but I couldnt find how to install the 1.05.04 until I found this link:

In the 1st page you will find the rollback to 1.05.04.

After that the files that have been corrupted can be seen but when you select them the media player frozes and the only way to turn it off is by disconnecting power…! I dont know why is this happening. Is there any way to fix the corrupted files?
Something really strange that happened few days back is that I connected the hd (that contains the corrupted files) to a tv decoder with usb connector and the corrupted files were playing just fine as nothing ever had happened…!!! I cant understand that either… A simple Crystal Audio decoder.

One thing for sure, I will never buy again a product with the WD name on it!
This bug and the problems that is causing had to be solved from the company years ago from the 1st time that had happened!

TheBigSimon, the link no longer works. Can you post a new link please?

I started buying Transcend drives instead, and this has never happened on them. But I’m still stuck with the fake folders on my MyBook.