WDTV Live Limited Public Beta 1.03.38_V (8/11/10)

zerocool2010 wrote:

Well, the MKV files with header compression worked for my flash…

zero

What does that mean?   

Dear all, any one can indicate where can i get a link to download and try this beta firmware 1.03.38 version?

I tried the 1.03.22 and 1.03.35, i miss this one because i was in vacations.

Thks in advance

My TV is the Panasonic G20 model, and i have my WD TV LIVE connected to HDMI port 2, and i dont have that problem.

Try to access to HOTEL MODE, there u should select the first input for your tv. 

diogoni wrote:

Dear all, any one can indicate where can i get a link to download and try this beta firmware 1.03.38 version?

I tried the 1.03.22 and 1.03.35, i miss this one because i was in vacations.

Thks in advance

If you’re not trying to fix an HDMI problem, no reason to sweat missing this Beta; no features added in that beta.

Hello! I have a question, my all german dvds iso is in the dvd menu english. how change the dvd menu in german? sorry for my bad english. cya

What do you mean “DVD Menu?”   The menu that is part of the DVD?   Or the menu that’s part of the WDTV?

The menu that is part of the DVD. I play the dvd of the ps3, i have a dvd menu in german. I play the dvd (iso) of the WDTV, i have a dvd menu in english. Why? sorry for my bad english Babelfish: If I look at myself the DVD on the PS3, the menu is in German. If I look at myself the DVD on the WDTV, the menu is in English.

YOUR English is better than Babelfish!   

Hmmmm.    I have never seen DVDs with menus in other languages, but, I’ve never looked, either.    I guess there’s some kind of internationalization in DVD systems?

Yes there is. And as with pretty much any flags (SETSTN, default/forced sub) the LIVE is ignoring it so that always the first stream/menu gets played back which usually is english (even on DVDs sold in Germany).

Tech, how does one access those alternate menus?   Is it only via the “Setup” options on the DVD Player itself?   I always thought that was a subtitle default.  But, being one of those parochial Americans, I never look at that stuff because the out-of-the-box defaults always give me what I want.

No, the DVD can also be authored like this so when you pop it in, there’s a language selection menu which then jumps to the corresponding menus (Star Trek TNG RC2 works like this). If it’s not authored like that, AFAIK the menu language is automatically selected according to what the standalone is set to. On my Philips 3260 I can select Setup > Preference Page > Disc Menu > German and that’s what I get in case there is a german menu on the disc.

Ahhh.   I get it; I wonder if that is found on Region 1 releases, too.  

There appears a bug with Mediafly.

The first time you access Mediafly after powering on you get a message " There is no media in the current folder".

Hitting ok and then going back into Meidafly gives you the Mediafly Dashboard.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I wonder if that is found on Region 1 releases, too.  

You can check in PgcEdit if the disc comes with several language menus.

shavanni wrote:

There appears a bug with Mediafly.

The first time you access Mediafly after powering on you get a message " There is no media in the current folder".

Hitting ok and then going back into Meidafly gives you the Mediafly Dashboard.

It seems the Mediafly page is essentially fetched via the internet - so if you are too fast it hasn’t gotten it yet. Try testing it by navigating a lot slower :slight_smile:

whattheheck wrote:

It seems the Mediafly page is essentially fetched via the internet - so if you are too fast it hasn’t gotten it yet. Try testing it by navigating a lot slower :slight_smile:

I’ve tried that, it makes no difference if I wait. the first time you click Mediafly, you get the error regardless

I have noticed on almost all of my ISO files, when I start them I just get a black screen and it doesn’t start the movie, but if I stop it and then start it and select resume it immediately starts the movie, has anyone else had this issue, I have been using DVD Fab to create the iso’s.  What do other people use that make the iso’s run so smooth?

Also, I have never been able to get the media share to work, network share works fine seeing the shares on my Windows 7 pc, but media share always times out.  Is there a difference between the two, are there any advantages either way?

I have a 2 TB WD Elements external connected and it usually takes about 30-45 seconds to recognize the USB device and give me the option to select it.  Has anyone else had problems waiting for their external drives to connect?  Before I had a 1 TB and it connected really quick.

shavanni wrote:

whattheheck wrote:

I’ve tried that, it makes no difference if I wait. the first time you click Mediafly, you get the error regardless

I’ve been seeing the exact same issue with Mediafly playback since going to the 1.03.38 firmware.  It happens 100% of the time, without fail, regardless of whether the unit’s been powered on for hours, has just come up, or how quickly or slowly I try to access it.

Ace75 wrote:

I have noticed on almost all of my ISO files, when I start them I just get a black screen and it doesn’t start the movie, but if I stop it and then start it and select resume it immediately starts the movie, has anyone else had this issue, I have been using DVD Fab to create the iso’s.  What do other people use that make the iso’s run so smooth?

I’m using DVDFab to create .ISOs as well, and haven’t run into this problem in over 400 discs.  However: is DVDFab set to do full disc extraction, or just the main feature?  Also, is it set to compress DVD9 down to DVD5?

Reason I ask is that when you play back a DVD .ISO, it should go straight to the DVD menu - assuming full disc extraction was selected in DVDFab when backing up the disc.  From your description, it sounds as though it was set just to back up the main feature, which could be causing issues with playback order.  I’ve also seen cases where DVD9 to DVD5 extraction can cause problems, though it usually doesn’t.

I am doing a full backup of the disc to DVD9, but I am having it go straight to the movie title and I can select option and menu if I want to see the full menu, maybe that is my problem.