WDTV Live has frozen 6 times in 2 days (about 4 hours of play)

my unit locked in winter in new york when the heat in the house was set at 69 degrees… it was on a non vibrating flat, hard surface. it locks with a local usb drive, over the network through file shares or PNP and with a flash drive formatted in fat32, then ntfs then fat 16. as long as i reboot then play 1 movie and dont fast forward or jump ahead, oh… it also does it after being unplugged off for days when its nice and cool… plug it in… freezes within minutes or immediately after fast forwarding.

gregvolt wrote:

my unit locked in winter in new york when the heat in the house was set at 69 degrees… it was on a non vibrating flat, hard surface. it locks with a local usb drive, over the network through file shares or PNP and with a flash drive formatted in fat32, then ntfs then fat 16. as long as i reboot then play 1 movie and dont fast forward or jump ahead, oh… it also does it after being unplugged off for days when its nice and cool… plug it in… freezes within minutes or immediately after fast forwarding.

So your problem only occurs when you’re ffwding ? In that case, there’s a workaround in case you’re interested. In homebrew, you can use the medianavigation plugin:  http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=360

It replaces the default ffwding behaviour with a much better (imho) implementation. And it also features a nice ‘goto’ function.

WD stated the bug is being addressed in new firmware update. I have been using the previous firmware before the update to 102.21 and it works great. (except for missing features and MV4 issues)