WDTV Live - Firmware upgrade + Wireless Configuration

Hi WD Community

I have a WDTV Live HD Media Player (WDBAAP0000NBK) with firmware version 1.0.6.43v.

1 - I am currently attempting to load the latest firmware update however since the last firmware upgrade, my player now does not look at my external USB hard drive for the update files, it now appears to be looking for the update files from an internet connection. In the past I have been able to update the firmware from my USB hard drive but it now does not see the drive as the default location for the update files.

Question - Does the firmware version 1.0.6.43 only update from an internet connection or should there be an option to update from an external hard drive still be available?

2 - I would like to add a wireless card to my WDTV media player but there are no options in my players Network Settings to configure a wireless card. I have downloaded support documentation from the WD website and the documentation has a step-by-step description on how to configure a wireless card for the WDTV Live HD media player. But I do not have the options in the settings of my player.

Question - Would the wireless card configuration be available in my media player if I installed the latest firmware version or is there other software required to make this functionality available in my player?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Syd

1.0.6.43 is the latest firmware version available for the WD TV Live HD Media Player. It is not possible to update beyond said revision because there’s no version to update to.

Options for configuring a Wireless USB adapter become available only when a compatible USB adapter is detected by unit. When attempting to connect to a Network, you will be provided with an option to choose between wired and wireless networks.

Hi Trancer

Thank you for your reply. You have confirmed my understanding of the latest firmware revision.

RE: the wireless configuration, I will reinstall my USB wireless card and recheck the Network configuration options.

Thank again - Syd