WDTV Live acting erratically!

Three week old WDTV Live all of a sudden today: wont stay turned on- won’t connect to internet, basically BRICKED!  I have re-set it twice- each time I can’t get any further than trying to set up internet connection and it turns itself off.  As I write this, it turned off again by itself!  Well, for three weeks I was impressed by this machine.  Today, looks like it is going back.  I didn’t change anything at all: Bang, today its a door stop!  Any suggestions b4 I return it?   Thxs 

64met wrote:

Three week old WDTV Live all of a sudden today: wont stay turned on- won’t connect to internet, basically BRICKED!  I have re-set it twice- each time I can’t get any further than trying to set up internet connection and it turns itself off.  As I write this, it turned off again by itself!  Well, for three weeks I was impressed by this machine.  Today, looks like it is going back.  I didn’t change anything at all: Bang, today its a door stop!  Any suggestions b4 I return it?   Thxs 

The only things you can do is:

Make sure that there is enough air space around the WDTV and you have not stood it near a source of heat. It uses passive cooling and it could be over-heating. There is a maximum temperature specified for the device. Direct a fan onto it and see if your problem is temperature related.

You could also:

reset via paperclip button on side

‘reset to factory defaults’ via internal menu

unplug from power for some minutes.

If all fails then you may have to accept that it is indeed faulty.

Thxs for the reply.  The temp should be a non issue as it is literally next to my tv- sitting top shelf.  I tried resetting w/the paper clip and it won’t stay on long enough to do anything in the menu relative to reset.  Looks like its going back today.