WDTV Embedded MetaData

Hi

I am a newbie on this forum so I am hoping there will be a few professionals who can help me with my issue.

I have a WDTV Live with over 1TB of media files on my external hard drive. They are all MP4 formatted and have embedded artwork in the files. These show up on my computer but do not show on my WDTV Live. Making a folder with a poster of the movie in it is the only way the art shows up. However this means I have to open up the movie folder before I can play the movie!

Is there anyway I can get the embedded artwork to show up on my WDTV Live so that I can play the movie directly instead of opening up a folder to play the movie? Could it be that the jpg files must be of a certain size???

Many Thanks!!!

Hasan219 wrote:

However this means I have to open up the movie folder before I can play the movie!

no it doesent … just press the “PLAY” button on your Remote Control and it will play the contents of the folder

oh, and … embedded metadata thumbnails work fine for me, so it’s possible your image dimensions / filesize are too large.

This picture (Katy Perry) as seen on my PC and on the WDTV

Embedded Thumbnail Resolution: 300x450     Filesize: 30Kb

Thanks for the tip JoeySmyth! The images I embedded were much larger so maybe this might do the trick!