I just noticed my smartware had not been backing up since July of last year, gee nice backup system, stops and doesn’t tell you.
So I downloaded the newest and tried to install it but got a fast popup message that would not stay up long enough to read. Even the error messages on this thing are defective.
Finally I got a screen shot and saw it said:
THE INVOCATION OF THE CONSTRUCTOR ON TYPE ‘WDSMARWARE.RETRIEVE.RETRIEVE’ THAT MATHCES THE SPECIFIED BINDING CONSTRAINTS THREW AN EXCEPTION.
What does this mean?
Here is a link to the SmartWare User Manual. Copy and paste it into your browser.
Have you tried using the Knowledge Base to find an answer for, THE INVOCATION OF THE CONSTRUCTOR ON TYPE ‘WDSMARWARE.RETRIEVE.RETRIEVE’ THAT MATHCES THE SPECIFIED BINDING CONSTRAINTS THREW AN EXCEPTION.
Provide more information then, such as type of device you are using and operating system. Is it Windows, Apple etc.
If you are using Windows, have you gone into the Control Panel>Uninstall a Program and for SmartWare tried a Repair.
Looking at the number of Topics you have created over time it seems you have a lot of problems with your My Cloud.
If you look at the first few pages in the Manual, WD Service and Support and Table of Contents, it will give you several ways of getting help.
If you don’t know the answer just say so , don’t lecture me on searching other places to search other places to search other places to find the answer.
If nobody that uses the ■■■■ thing knows what is causing this I will get my own back up program
Smartware will go in the deleted bin.
Without more information, NO, I do not know what is causing your problem.
Both my computers are running Windows 10 with all updates. I have never had a problem with using SmartWare. I have it set to do a Category backup twice a week on my desktop and on Sundays for my laptop. I do maintenance on all my devices once a week to make sure everything on my network is working. Having both my computers and cell phone information backed up is important enough to me to make sure my SmartWare is always working.
If someone else can help you solve this problem please be kind enough to show that their post was the one that solved the problem.