WDS500G3X0C NVME Suddenly Disappeared

Hello -

I have the [WDS500G3X0C] 500GB drive and it suddenly disappeared this morning.IT IS NOT DETECTED by WD Dashboard, but is detected by the BIOS. I’ve had no issues with the drive, but when I clicked on a program which resides on this drive I received “the device or network connection is not available.” When checking I noticed I didn’t have a “B” drive any longer. I checked storage devices in device manager and there is an exclamation mark over the Standard NVM Express Controller. I chose to update the driver, but Windows determined the best driver is already installed. Yeah right, Windows… I then picked from a list to install and the only option was the Standard NVM Express Controller driver. It started to install then stopped saying it couldn’t be started. I was told to check the manufacturers website and here I am. but I don’t see any place to actually download drivers.

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Hi @authorpaul,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask