WDMy Cloud is missing

Well, to be fair, in this case it appears to be Apple’s software skills that are lacking, as these particular problems only started with the roll-out of El Capitan…

Unless it’s not Apple’s software skills that are lacking, but instead, their marketing people once again insisting that their engineers deliberately break the ability to work with third-party devices…

That I could see with Apple. Now what about the problems with Windows 10? The other issues with the My Cloud line does not help WD make the case “it isn’t us”.

When I did hardware systems integration vendor “A” would call out vendor “B”. The deflection game. I saw that game with RAID arrays, memory, CPUs not bought via the vendor.

For some of us the problems started with the November update to Windows 10. If one does an in internet search they’ll see others, using other NAS boxes, had similar problems starting with the November update. Prior to that update my Win 10 test box had no problems with the My Cloud. Post November the My Cloud no longer shows up under Computer in Windows File Explorer. For me it appears to be some sort of SMB issue in Windows 10 on that one PC where by if I downgrade Windows 10 to SMB1 (via one of the three SMB methods detailed in this thread) it will properly display the My Cloud under Computer.

I do not have these problems with my Windows 7 machines. Including those that were upgraded then rolled back from Win 10.

On the my cloud mirror gen 2 there is an option for Max SMB Protocol under Windows Services.

SMB 1
SMB 2
SMB 3

I’ll try with my atom based netbook. Slow as molasses, but my current test machine before I upgrade next week.

The single drive My Cloud (the subject of this subforum) does not have an option to set the SMB in the Dashboard. One would have to use SSH (or WinSCP or similar software) to edit the smb-global.conf file to change the SMB settings for the My Cloud.