Wdc wd75 01aals-75j7b0

i hvae a WDC WD75 01AALS-75J7B0 i had windows 8 now i tried updatding to windows 8.1 it froze during the process, after rebooting it freeze during the process, i placed it in a external case it shows up in device manager and not in computer management, i used every hd repair software even the ones on wd site and none cant see the partitions on the drive help please… need the files on the other drive… HELP!!!

Hello and welcome, 

Sorry to hear that you cannot access your files. Have you tried running a test with DLG? You can also try using a data recovery program to scan the hard drive, with the help of Google you should be able to find several options. Check the links below for more help. 

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Portable-Drives/MyBook-Files-Deleted-Can-I-Get-Them-Back/m-p/370881/highlight/true#M9715

thanks for the response yes i did as i stated the drive shows up in device manager but when i go to computer management it doesnt show up

go to the star bar right click on manage. then double click on disk management. try giving the drive a new letter, for some reason thats what i did and it worked for me