WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 Problem

I bought a  new WD internal drive (500gb) 9 months ago which model i already specified in the subject of this topic. But before all of that i want to say hello to everyone on this forums.

That being said lets talk about my  problem;  the drive i specified   stopped working after only 9 months. Problem here is that the company where i bought my drive fell apart and went bankrupt and  now I don’t know if i can replace it directly by sending the drive to HQ of WD. I still have the warranty and everything.

I have done all i could hoping it works. I ran the dlgdiag 5.04f - Data Lifeguard Diagnostic which ended up with an error code : 0218 (the scan was aborted because it ran far beyond the expected time, in other words when i looked up the error on WD site : (sorry lad change your drive).

I am  frustrated  because that drive isn’t cheap to break like that…

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanking you in Advance,

Goran Horvat, Croatia 

Hi you need to contact WD and get a rma number they will replace the drive. If you go to this link it will let you check warranty status and start your rma process.    http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en