WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 has disapeared after Windows 7 update

Please, help me! I have 64bit Windows 7 SP1 on PC with Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 motherboard, Seagate ST3500320AS and WD20EARS drives. I use WD20EARS for about 3 month but yesterday I’ve installed new updates for Windows, rebooted and now OS doesn’t see it. WD20EARS drive is present in BIOS and driver is working normally in the Control Panel. But in the Storage Control it is showed as “dynamic” drive and empty. There is I have many important data and don’t want to format it. I’ve removed installed new updates but it was useless. What can I do to make it working again? P.S.: I’ve copied this message from previous topic. P.P.S.: My WD20EARS has no any jumpers.

Hi there… If the drive is displayed as a dynamic disk with no files after an update… The only thing I can suggest is data recovery…

You can start with TestDisk, it has helped A LOT of users in here and is free.

Best of luck!

Thank you for reply, ThePizzaMatrix! But I’ve found another decision. Windows OSes sometimes can suddenly convert main drives to dynamic. Using MS dskprobe.exe I’ve changed 01C2 byte of zero-th sector of this drive from 42h to 07h. And drive has became normal from dynamic. All data is fine!

1 Like