WDC-WD 1002FAEX health warning

Hi,

I ran the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics tool over my HDD’s  a few days ago and  my Caviar Black WDC WD 1002FAEX has passed both the quick test and the extended test.

However the SMART status has changed from PASS to ?Not Available and if I right-click that drive in the Diagnostics tool and go to properties it tells me:Health Status:Warning.

I would like to think there is some hope for this drive yet and that an RMA could be avoidable but what I’m looking for here really is for someone to either point me in the right direction for some remedial action for the drive or to confirm that the drive has imminent failure approaching and that an RMA is the way to go.

Thank you.

Hi,

no-one for this?

Hi,

is there a list of preferred software that WD approves of to check on Drive Health?

If so can someone link me to it please?

Or is it still possible to get a link to download Crystal Disk Info without the bundled Open Candy stuff?

Thanks again.

Ok chaps and chapesses,managed to get a utility to see the disk and ran it,here are the results.

Can anyone tell me what this all means please?

Hi,

Please see the following link for assistance checking the health of the drive.

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxMjc5NTEyMC9zaWQvUnUxWmJuNG0%3D