Wdbackservice.exe preventing shutdown

Inann…this has been interesting conversation…lets see, I put some thoughts in the same issue you showed about the safe eject…I had the same problem before I found an forum answer…let me search… found something on my Jul 23 reply.

• for some reason, when you try safe eject, the WD software is trying to still hold onto the drive, like its trying to read, monitor…and heaven forbid, write to it when in idle mode

• type device manager in lower search box and change the disk drive to better performance…my messages went away. I think the other button, means that if you pull the USB, you will loose everything in cache…something like that. I don’t like pulling the USB, always use safe eject, just incase something is really writing/reading that drive. I had a situation that a movie player was minimized and I tried to eject, got a warning, but pulled instead…file got corrupted and Explorer started acting funky on future reading of file…could not even delete…had to isolate file from future use…awful!.

• as to you rt mouse eject not showing up on mouse click…mine too…not quite sure what the technical answer to this is…I even have thumb drives, that either have or have no eject thru mouse…I’ve just started using the eject by the clock…got paranoid with this.

• you doing an eject, hope that shuts you blinking lite…of course the device should reload when you turn your PC on, or re-plug the USB back in. SO, does the device have a power plug or switch.

• on a slight comment…have you ever use windows Snip utility to capture a screen to paste or print? Try window-shift-s keys, will capture image into clipboard. If you quickly pick the pop-up picture next to the clock, a dialog box will appear that you can use some tools (no true text editing, however). Any mods to the box, will also edit the clipboard that you can paste or print…something I use a lot for ease…works on any screen window. You just mouse select a box area (couple of other options at the top. When you end the box, it captures…

• also strange how we have WD tools loaded but slightly different under Task Manager…