WD5000avvs motherboard pins and board burned

The wire harness and connector to the motherboard melted causing the pins and mother board damage.  This was normal wear and tear.    Anyone with the same issue? What is the best inexpensive fix to retrieve my data?

How did that happened? :dizzy_face: To recover your files you can check the link below and contact one of the available companies.


I suspect that a faulty power supply may have sent an overvoltage to your drive, resulting in a short circuited TVS diode.

See http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/TVS_diode_FAQ.html

… and http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/ (photo clips)

If you can upload a photo, I may be able to help you with a no-cost DIY repair.

1 Like