WD40EFRX time usage

I would like to find out how many hours is logged on this drive.
Called technical support and was told “Data Lifeguard Diag.” would do that. That does not appear to be the case.
Can anybody please help?

Powered-on Hours is one of the S.M.A.R.T. elements, which Data Lifeguard should show.

Thanks for reply.
I have number of PS’s with various WD drives of different age. SMART Attribute Info for Power-On Hours count indicates ID=9, Value=98, Threshold=0, Worst=98,

This value is the same for 3 computers with different Hard drives. Am I naive to expect to find how many hours is drive in service? Reading Help was not particularly illuminating.

Can you please help.

Heheh… Yeah, that’s weird. Certainly not the case for my WD Drives…

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 001 001 000 Old_age Always - 72905

Don’t know if what you’re seeing is unique to the WD40EFRX’s; mine above is an older Green drive. Well, if 73000 hours is old… :slight_smile:

I took 4 different screenshots of 2 HDs in 2 different PCs.

Can anyone figure it out?

Ohhh. WD DLG is reporting “raw” data (at least partially).

The linux tool smartctl will calculate it out.

But one number I don’t see above at all is the “RAW” value.

Apparently there’s a calculation you can do with those values (98 / 0 / 98) plus the RAW value to get the total hours.

See this for an example:

If you’re feeling adventurous you could boot your PC into a Linux Live distro, make sure smarttools package is installed and use the

smartctl -a

Command to see what I see.

I am scratching my head, with all the info so far. RAW data is not coming to me.

I will wait with Linux. That would be another day for me to figure that one out.

Finally, thank you for standing by.
I cheated with HD Tune. Found 1526 Hours on particular drive I wanted to know.

Sounds intriguing, I have to try that. However not today.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.