WD2GO on IPad Java issue

Hi guys,
I haven’t updated the firmware to the latest on my iCloud 4tb but today have tried to access the device using wd2go. I see a flash of the device momentarily and then get a message stating that I am unable to download java on this device. I can’t get further than that at the moment. Anyone else having this issue at all? I am on iOS 7 still and safari.

Hope to hear some suggestions thanx.

iOS doesn’t support Java, which is a requirement for using remote web access. The dedicated iOS My Cloud Cloud will allow you to access the device.

1 Like

Ok but I used to be able to access my device on cloud to go from my iPad. What has changed do you think? It is now asking for Java…

Do you mean accessing the Dashboard configuration/admin page? This is separate from accessing the storage volume, which has always required JAVA on web browsers. 

1 Like

Yes I guess you must be right Trancer. I was prolly using the cloud app. Sorry to have taken up yr time.

Trancer do you know if the same applies to mac? Only I just downloaded java 8 the lates version and the window shows the java app image but won’t run to give me access to my devices on wd2go.

Edit to say that on this occasion I am looking to access the volumes.

FleetDive wrote:
Trancer do you know if the same applies to mac? Only I just downloaded java 8 the lates version and the window shows the java app image but won’t run to give me access to my devices on wd2go.

Edit to say that on this occasion I am looking to access the volumes.

Yes, JAVA is required on Mac OS as well for remote web access. If you are having JAVA issues on Safari then please try with Chrome or Firefox.