Wd2Go Erroneously Reports Absence of App for File Type

I have a Galaxy 3. When I open an FLV video file using WD2Go that resides on my MyBookLive server, I get the following error message: “No viewer app on your device. Please download this app . . . .”

In fact, I do have an FLV app on my Galaxy 3. If I instead download the FLV file from my MyBookLive server to my Galaxy 3 and then open the downloaded file, the downloaded file plays just fine.

So it appears to be the WD2Go that that has the problem.

Any solution? (Downloading and playing the file is not a solution, as I have too many.)

Hello,

Try uninstalling the application and installing that again.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling; but the same result: FLV files on my MY Book Live share do not play, while they will play if I download them.

Any other ideas?

im not sure why you think it’s a WD 2go problem.  It will only play files that the device natively supports.  For any other file, you have to download the file so another app can open it.  No app can “pass through” a real time stream to another app.

I don’t know where the problem is. All I know is that, when I open an FLV video file using WD2Go that resides on my MyBookLive server, I get the following error message: “No viewer app on your device. Please download this app.” However, the file plays just fine if I instead download it first and then open the downloaded file.

Unfortunately, I can’t download all of the FLV files that I might want to stream.

Does anyone know of any solution to this problem?