wd2go, cloud issue, can't access word and excel files, the others are possible

we have a problem with the files on the wd my book live duo, made new users, installed newest java version, so it’s possible to access the files on the explorer.

BUT we can’t open word and excel files, windows wants a username and password (but does not accept the wd2go user or the user which we could make in the UI). Other files like .txt and pdfs open without any problems (without username and pw).

It’s possible to download the word or excel files to the local drive, where it is possible to open. Upload of the changed file is not possible (error message: could not write). With other files like txt or pdf is the upload possible.

On android / mobile app everthing is fine.

Anyone any solution / workaround for this problem?

Tried with:

win7 64 + office32 2013

win7 64 + office32 2010

win8 64 + office32 2013

xp sp3 32 + office32 2003
every pc shows the same error messages

Hi, this is a Microsoft office limitation, as you say, you need to copy the files that you want to access and when you finish copy the files back to the My Book. 

Ok I found that: http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/WD2go-webDAV-and-MS-Office-2013/m-p/507556/highlight/true

So I made a user on the other, older WD My Book Live for trying: MS files are able to open, but I can’t save the file, error message “can’t find the file” (?!)

Then I tried to download the doc files to desktop, make changes, saved without any problems. But when I will upload the file (and all other files like pdf, txt, jpg,…) I got the same error message “can’t find the file”.

Same problem with openoffice or libre office, I cannot save or upload any file on the “cloud”. But I must have “write-permissions” because I am able to make a new folder on the cloud or give a file another name.

Same problem on the WD My Book Live and the new WD My Book Live Duo, both with the newest firmware I found (same problem with older firmeware).

Tested on some computers: Win7+Office 2013, Win7+Office 2010, Win8+Office 2013, XP + Office 2003, on every PC the same error message.

Can anyone help me please?

J’ai exactement le mème problème, impossible d’ouvrir des document MS-office à travers WD2GO et la même chose avec openoffice, donc à mon avis ça vient pas de ms-office !!