Wd1600avvs not recognised in bios

Unbelievable WD works fine without problem in VERY old? Main Board (Asus) but in new Gigabyte I can’t see him ??? What is the problem ???:persevere::sob:

Hello,

Have you test the drive on a different system? Perhaps, using a different sata cable.

yes I have tried different SATA cables but the most strange is that it is working without any problem in very old PC !!! so I think is something with my new MB (GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - G1.Sniper B7 (rev. 1.0) but what I don’t understand !!!:confused:

Are you trying to install an operating system onto it, or using it as a data drive?
Where are you not seeing it, in the BIOS or in the operating system?
Try looking in the BIOS to see if you can see it in there. Also make sure your SATA ports are enabled in the BIOS.
If you’re installing Windows, you may need to load a SATA controller driver from the Gigabyte web site for Windows to see it.
If you’re not seeing it in Windows, try looking in Disk Management. It probably just needs to be formatted. You can also try looking in Device Manager to see if it’s showing up in there.

I don’t see it at all in BIOS but it works (I feel low vibration) ?!?!?

So!! nobody know nothing ???

useless forum…

Bear in mind this is a user forum and people reply on their own free will using their own time. WD Support has direct support channels you can use to reach them.

As other Users noted, if the hard drive is not seen on your BIOS there’s not much that can be done. If the hard drive came with your old computer it could be an OEM drive that may not work stand-alone in another system. It could also be a problem with the settings you are using since some newer MoBo’s have separate SATA and RAID ports.

the problem is in AHCI/IDE mode not figure out why its works only in IDE mode …

I thought the forum are serious professionals…

This forum is full of serious people, professionals, and serious professionals.

Still, it’s not a direct support channel, and other users like yourself reply on their own free time.