WD Windows App - 2TB My Book Live (Ethernet)

Hi Everybody,

I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.

I have a 2TB My Book Live hooked up to my router via Ethernet, I’m running the WD app on my Lenovo Thinkpad Twist running Windows 8 64 bit. Done all the updates, latest firmwares, restarts etc. even been through WD support with no answers forthcoming…

My issue is this: when I start the WD app, it recognises the My Book Live and shows it under available drives, when you click on the drive it takes you to a summary page with the “force content scan” button which shows the drives content i.e. 500mb of photos, 800mb of music etc. however, I can not actually browse of open/play any of my files/folders.

I am a little baffled by this, after reading a lot of threads, some seem to suggest that the WD app does not work with network drives, only USB connected drives, if this is so then why does my drive show up in the first place?

Could it simply be a shares or permissions issue?

Sorry, this was a little more long winded than intended but any help / advice / clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

Which WD app?

Hi,

This would be the app…

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/wd/d04896e8-f364-4a31-9095-b786ba3a0336

Thanks.