Wd usb2.0 2tb

So this issue occured a couple months ago, but I never looked into it due to not having time, and assuming that I had lost everything on it, but I decided to give it another whirl.

When I plug my external drive into my computer, no window automatically opens up as it used to, asking me what I’d like to do. Instead, when I go to My Computer, I see my C: and a D:

The D: on my computer does not work, so I’m not sure what this D: is. It may be the external one, it may not be.

I’m running Windows Vista. The following shows up in Device Manager:

Disk drives > WD Ext HDD 1021 USB Device

I’ve tried to update the software but it said I have the most recent software installed.

When I right click on this, and go to Properties, I get a 5 tab window that has General, Policies, Volumes, Driver, Details. The odd thing I noticed under Volumes is that there are no values near the options displayed in that tab.  The options displayed are Disk, Type, Status, Partition Style, Capacity, Unallocated space, Reserved space. All of them have “-” beside it.

Hopefully someone can help. 

This is what it looks like in Disk Management.

It does say RAW by the D:

http://tinypic.com/r/2ynp5rl/6

Also, I need the information on my drive, so I simply can’t format it and let it all get deleted.

Hi, that sounds like a data corruption problem, you can try using a data recovery program like recuva or testdisk.