WD TV turns off....?

I have a 6 months old WDTV Live (model WDBAAP0000NBK-SESN)

It was working OK but now just turns itself off… So, I was told I had to update software, which I had not done before…  But I cannot even get the device to stay n for more than 5 seconds… Any ideas?

I had it working an hour ago trying to do the software update, but now it wont even stay on…

Also, I really have no idea how to add software updates. Can anyone explain in imbecile format how I do it?

I have a router for the x-box… (Which my son uses online) can I use that Ethernet cable to get updates? Or do I have to unplug everything WDTV and move it to the computer router?

Thank you for info.

J

There is not a lot to test in this case :confounded:, but you can try connecting the power cable into another power socket, if the same thing happens again then you will need to contact tech support to get a replacement power cable. I don’t recommend you to continue trying to update the firmware, if the WD TV is shutting down randomly you might end up with a brick.

Hi There…

I have my WD Live for almost 2 years and now it started the same. It switches off every 5 second. But if I had to disconnect all cables from the device and leave it for a few hours, then when I re-plug it, I get it to work for a few minutes sometimes around 20mins if I’m lucky…
I doubt it is the power adapter, however I will try and use another adapter with the same input/output specs and check if it works…

Any other ideas or solutions will be appreciated…