WD TV Mini - APE audio files playback skips

Hi All,

I just bought a WD TV mini, with lates firmware 1.00.60

For the money (on offer at Maplins uk for £29.99 GBP i think its great, although it refuses to play any of my APE music files properly, which is the format that I have most of my favourite music digitally stored as. the audio glitches every 7 seconds when playing APE files.

APE codec compatibility was one of the main reasons i bought the device. Should I take it back to the store for replacment or will this be fixed in the next firmware update?

With thanks,

Phil

Since it’s doubtful that there will be another firmware update, I would return it if you are not satisfied with it.  I’m not saying this because I know it for sure.  It just seems like it because there hasn’t been any activity with the mini for a while.

Thanks for the reply Bill…but surely Firmware updates should continue until the device at least does what it says on the box that encouraged us to purchase it in the first place?! Is this why Maplin in the UK have such a good deal?..Have they bough pallet loads dirt cheap from you (WD) because you guys (WD) can’t be arsed to finish the product?

I have no idea…but your point is well taken.