WD TV Live wireless menu missing from network setup

I have been using the device for years (wireless) without any problems …

This afternoon it froze and I had to reboot it by pulling the power cable - and since then the wireless menu is missing from network setup and as such I have no wireless connection to my router.

I tried factory reset, holding the reset button down while I power it back up … shaking it a bit … no more wireless menu items. What could cause this to happen? Maybe it thinks it is WIRED now? Or is there some trick to get it back? I tried manually entering the correct IP information but still doesn’t connect.

Has anyone ever seen this issue?
Thanks,

After factory reset you need to set the whole thing up again from scratch. If you forgot how, find the full user manual online at WD Support.

Another thing, if you held the reset in too long you may have set it for a different video formqt for a different country, meaning you need PAL for Europe and something els3 for US (I forget, but it is in the manual.)

Also, you should reboot your modem and router while WDTV is off and check your wireless signal with a phone or something to see that it is OK.

I went through the list and it didn’t change anything - the button to be
able to set my wireless just isn’t there at all in the menu. No changes of
video format made it re-appear and the resetting and testing of my wireless
(albeit done) made no difference.

It is like the unit doesn’t know it has wireless capabilities anymore.

Sorry to know this. At this point, I suggest you contact WD Support – by phone if possible, and get their help. Unit may have actually failed, and I am out of ideas to bring it back to life. Their phone number and email can be found at wdc.com Best of luck with this.

Hi

Did you get a resolution to this situation? I have now got the same problem with missing wireless menu option. Any help appreciated

Thanks