WD TV Live will not play M2TS files

I have a Panasonic DMR-BWT735EB Smart Blu-ray Disc Recorder acting as a media server. As far as I can tell it records live TV in M2TS format.

I acquired a WD TV Live media player to serve a remote TV. It can browse the files but will not play them, reporting ’ Unable to play the selected file. Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats’. The files play on other devices, including my PC and an Android tablet so they are not corrupt. I have rebooted the TV Live with no improvement.

I bought the WD device to replace a Sony SMPN200 because that would only play ‘some’ of the files so I’m not as far forward as I thought I would be.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I forgot to say that the player has been updated with the latest firmware.

Post the text output of Mediainfo on such a file.

I can confirm that the files are in M2TS format but MediaInfo doesn’t seem to be able to do anything with them. I browse and select a file but nothing happens. I’ve tried resetting both the WD TV Live and the Panasonic DMR-BWT735EB back to factory defaults but that didn’t make any difference.

I’ve yet to see a file Mediainfo can’t open. If your m2ts won’t they are probably of specs and therefore not playable by the WDTV.

This is very disappointing. I could say more but I’ve sent the WDTV back.

Sorta on/off topic …

I have a Panasonic Smart TV (TH-P42ST30A) which features recording to HDD/USB/SD CARD

Only problem is … the M2TS files that are recorded are Panasonic Proprietary Format (Probably got some DRM or something in there)

Which means, i can only play them back on the TV i recorded them on… (My Panasonic)

I tried playing them on my PC and WDTV Live Hub … no go   won’t play

Although i’m happy with my Panasonic TV, that “feature” kinda well …  “stinks”

(My cheap $49 Digital Set Top Box records in M2TS and i can play those files on anything PC,HUB,Live,Tablet  etc with no problems)