Wd Tv Live (WDBGXT0000NBK-EESN) problem Composite video (RCA)

Hello to all.
I have a problem with my Western Digital HD TV Live Streaming Media Player (WDBGXT0000NBK-EESN), because when I connect the composite video cable (RCA) on the TV does not see anything, just some sketch image.

I tried to change the option in the configuration RCA composite, without getting the videos on your TV

By connecting hdmi all right.

I ask you for help.
thanks

You may need to change the mode from NTSC to PAL or vice versa.  

You can do this by letting it power up, wait a minute or two, and then hold down the reset button for 10 seconds then release.

Thanks for the reply.

It was already set to PAL, as I was sent from Austria.

… and I assume your TV is PAL compatible? – and you’re connecting it to the YELLOW input on the TV, not one of the Red / green / blue inputs.

… and that you’re using the WD-supplied cable?

Are you using the supplied lead from WD.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

… and I assume your TV is PAL compatible? – and you’re connecting it to the YELLOW input on the TV, not one of the Red / green / blue inputs.

… and that you’re using the WD-supplied cable?

The TV is compatible PAL (Italy), cable RCA plugs Yellow Red White and is not original but I’ve tried three of the original one Asus, with the same result, that is almost imperceptible image with strange colors

You must use the cable supplied by WD, or a cable with an identical pinout.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

You must use the cable supplied by WD, or a cable with an identical pinout.

you’re referring to the small plug that you go to insert in Wd Tv Live?
So it is different from others on the market?
I unfortunately do not have the original, where I can recover.
Thanks for the reply.

They’re ALL different.   There’s no “standard” for such a cable.

See topic 1H in this FAQ:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/WDTV-FAQ/m-p/32135#U32135

Thank you very much.

Ciao.

You may want to buy the correct cable, so here is a message thread I put up recently addressing this issue and where to buy one for $5.  The ebay link in the thread still works.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/WD-Live-to-SDTV-thru-A-V-Out/td-p/553403  It is the genuine cable – I bought one myself to have as a spare.

Thanks to all.