WD TV live streaming Media player hangs!

I was again sucked into buying a WD product, and I was again majorly dissapointed !!

I have the WD TV live streaming Media player with the latest firmware and the box always hangs after a few minutes, it is now so bad that it even stops working before I can get anywhere the only thing I can do is push reset…and now its stuck at enter your language.

Why does WD make such terrible products before testing them??

Like my wd world book this product has become a paperweight.

I will never again buy WD products… burned twice !!

Me? Not once.

Solution I got from WD support is to send the unit back.

For foreign customers like myself this is not a solution !!

The extra costs and irritation involved in sending something back is making me not a happy WD client.

This is the second time I buy a WD product only to have to send the product back to WD for a refund ie another unit… this is not a solution !!

Make a product and before you put that product on the market make sure you test it and once it passes all tests than place it on the market.

Techflaws you must be a lucky person.

Enjoy your WD product while it works … I will never buy another WD unit again !!

They have lost me as a customer.

Paperweight:

Just for troubleshooting, try removing the WD from the network.   See if it still hangs.

If it doesn’t, then plug it back in – repeat.

If it hangs again, then try disconnecting OTHER devices from the network.

There have been a number of reports of other network devices sending traffic that cause the WDs to hang.

Maybe you can narrow down the cause to some other device or software.

TonyPh12345 thank you, those were the wisest words I heard yet in trying to solve this problem.

Why are you not working at WD support ?

When I was having this freezing problem and was stuck and could do nothing else I reset the box and then the system was stuck at enter your language. And once I read your wise words…

I removed WD from the network and I got further then the enter your language screen but the box didn’t like being off the network and rebooted itself each time it couldn’t find a network.

After several of these circuts I turned the newtork back on and voila I was able to get back on the network and further than the enter your language page.

I have it on right now seeing how long I can continue watching netflix before it freezes again. The longest time I could keep this box operating was approx 30 minutes before it would freeze in either Netflix or any other page or service or where ever the system would just freeze.  Hopefully that wont happen again.

Thank you Tony.

…its now 45 minutes and counting and system is still responding.

I recently had the same problem. I’ve had the WD meadia streamer for a few months now and this problem never occured until just a few weeks ago. I had to reset the unit for things to start working normally again, however, soon after a few 30 minute shows it just pasues and didn’t respond to the remote at all. A couple of days ago, I tried something different and the Media streamer has never gave me trouble since. I’m not sure if this will help and so far after taking Tony’s advice yours seems to be working just fine. But incase it messes up again, if you have a blu ray player or anything  pluged into HDMI port 1 and your media streamer plugged in HDMI port 2, then switch them around. Put the streamer in port 1 and use port 2 for whatever else you have hooked up to the TV.  I’m using a Samsung LED TV with only 2 side ports, if you’ve a LCD then i’m not sure if there is any difference, just try swithcing the HDMI to different ports and see. Hope this helps if you still need it.

Thank you CeroOne for your advice but its not related to the HDMI ports.

Right now several hours later and again WD box is frozen and totally unresponsive.

BUT things changed on the network since a few hours ago

The Samsung Smart TV (internet connected TV) was put on and the Smart TV went on the internet but had dificulty connecting until I unplugged the Aztech wireless booster which is with in range of the Smart TV. The Samsung Smart TV does not need to get its signal from the booster.

Tony you are right !! There seems to be a clash with the wireless systems on my network. The WD Live TV Streaming Media does not like the Samsung Smart TV  and refuses again to work. The Aztech wireless booster is not in range with the WD box. The Samsung Smart TV is within range of the WD box.

When I followed Tonys suggestions earlier today the Aztech boosters signal had been compromised some how.

I turned the linksys wireless router off and turned WD box on and then turned router back on

After that the Samsung Smart TV wouldn’t  go on line but once the Samsung TV was reset to get signal from the router where the WD box gets its signal the WD box no longer was responsive.

Confused yet ??

Or its all a coincidence  ???  somehow I don’t believe that.