WD TV Live Streaming + 6TB My Book Hard Drive

I used to own a WD TV Live Plus and had a 4TB My Book Hard Drive. The WD TV Live Plus would recognize the hard drive every now and then until it stopped recognizing all together.

So I bought the new WD TV Live Streaming and a new 6TB My Book Hard Drive, thinking since it was a newer more updated version, it would work. It does not. It does not even recognize the hard drive.

What can I do for it to work? I am getting rerally frustrated with this because I have about 4TB worth of data and movies on it.

I also tried connecting it to my time capsule (The 6TB Hard Drive), the Time Capsule recognizes it but I cannot login to my Time Capsule via the WD Live Streaming. It asks for an user name and password. I know my password for the time capsule but there isn’t really an user name.

Is there an easier way to make this work? I feel like I just wasted $400 and tiem time it took me to transfer the movies to the hard drive.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I contacted WD support about a month ago asking if that 6tb drive worked with the old WDTV Live, and than with the new model when it started to appear.

They tested it for a couple of weeks and said they found no problem.

I’d check with WD support.  And please, please, let us know how you get on.  You may save me either (a) a lot of time figuring out how to get it to work, or (b) a lot of money.

Steve W