WD TV Live Movie info problem

Hi

I have just bort the new WD TV Live and are trying to get the Movie info to work.

All my movies are in a movie folder on my NAS, file and folder names are the same as the movie name.

I have scanned with WDTVHudGen and it found pictures and created XML files, but when I go into my WD TV Live and adds my NAS as  media directory will only show images and no movie info.

Some who know what are due to?

Well, the question is:   WHICH WD Live did you buy?  The one this forum is about doesn’t support that function at all.

Model No. WDBGXT0000NBK

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=330

This one.

Hi.

Have you upgraded the firmware on the device?

Ayhan.

Yes.

Hi,

Is the media library turned on?

Ayhan

Yes :slight_smile:

Hi,

Does your wdtv live streamer have write access to your NAS?

Yes

Did you switch to GALLERY VIEW?   (Use the YELLOW button.)

Yes.

This is good at some point we will finde the thing if don wrong. :slight_smile:

I would guess then that the problem is the format or name of the XML files themselves.

There is no reason why valid XML will not display in the gallery view.

There is no dependency on MEDIA LIBRARY / Content Info / “My Media Library” or anything.

If the XML is valid and present, it is displayed… no matter what.

I do not know about the format, it’s made in WDTVHudGen suppose it makes them the right format.

The xml file is the same name as the movie file for example.

Batman Begins (2005). Mkv
Batman Begins (2005). Xml

and they are in the same folder.

may have something to do with the folder structure I run with.

Right now I have

movie →         Batman Begins [1080p] →                Batman Begins (2005). mkv
                        Cars 2 2011 [DKsubs] [1080p] →   Cars 2 (2011). Xml
                                                                                      Cars 2 (2011). Xml
Music →
TV Shows →

Right now the movie folder is the only shared with my WD TV Live, and it has write access to the folder. but do not know if it can make its special WD folder in the movies folder.

Maybe I should change it to:

Media → movie →   Batman Begins [1080p] →                     Batman Begins (2005). Mkv
                                    Cars 2 2011 [DKsubs] [1080p] →        Cars 2 (2011). mkv
                                                                                                      Cars 2 (2011). Xml
Music →
TV Shows →

and such low write access to “Media” folder so it can make its special WD Folder. in the media folder.

so the special WD folder can be found in the “Over” movie

The folder structure that I have which works is

movies -----> Avatar.mkv

Let Him Have It.mkv

Let Him Have It.xml

Sunrise.mpg        

Sunrise.xml

etc…

So all the video files are in the same folder as the xml files

Ayhan

You actually need to descend INTO the folder for the Movie Info to be displayed.

It’s not going to show you the movie info when you’re just ON the folder.

Yes now i see, When I go in to the creases on my WD Box it shows the info.

is there any way and have a folder structure like this:

it gives them the much better overview når working in windows

movie →         Batman Begins [1080p] →                Batman Begins (2005). mkv
                        Cars 2 2011 [DKsubs] [1080p] →   Cars 2 (2011). Xml
                                                                                      Cars 2 (2011). Xml

instead of this :

movies -----> Avatar.mkv

Let Him Have It.mkv

Let Him Have It.xml

Sunrise.mpg        

Sunrise.xml

You’re asking the same thing as the thread ‘Movie Sheets in Gallery Mode’.

As far as I am aware it’s not possible, with the default or any other theme, to see the XML data (backdrops etc) from outside the folder.  You only get a thumbnail.

So you need to put multiple movies into a single folder if you want to be able to see the metadata as you navigate around a gallery view.

Be good if WD could add this in a firmware update.

Too bad, then i will live with this way.

And hope they will fix it in a later firmware

I have a similar folder structure as hbech.  My problem isn’t that I want the .xml data but it doesn’t show the folder thumbnail until I specifically go into the movies folder.  So when I’m scrolling through my list of movies I’d expect it to be a tiled wall of covers.  That isn’t the case though.  I just have a tile with the name of the movie and a little camera icon where the .jpg would/should be.  If I manually put a folder.jpg in each folder it works fine but doesn’t display the movietitle.metathumb and a folder.jpg isn’t downloaded with the rest of the metadada.  Any thoughts?

klutch wrote:

I have a similar folder structure as hbech.  My problem isn’t that I want the .xml data but it doesn’t show the folder thumbnail until I specifically go into the movies folder.  So when I’m scrolling through my list of movies I’d expect it to be a tiled wall of covers.  That isn’t the case though.  I just have a tile with the name of the movie and a little camera icon where the .jpg would/should be.  If I manually put a folder.jpg in each folder it works fine but doesn’t display the movietitle.metathumb and a folder.jpg isn’t downloaded with the rest of the metadada.  Any thoughts?

• *Yeah, that’s easy to fix. Just copy the moviename.metathumb file to a “folder.jpg” file in the same folder.