WD TV Live Media...Playback somewhat choppy

Hi… I bought a WD TV Live a few weeks ago.  Its been working well, but I get some choppy delayed video when playing back ts file types…  Here is the mediainfo.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

General ID : 0 Complete name : X:\video1.ts Format : MPEG-TS File size : 3.64 GiB Duration : 59mn 39s Overall bit rate : 8 723 Kbps Video ID : 1001 (0x3E9) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) Format : MPEG Video Format version : Version 2 Format profile : Main@Main Format settings, BVOP : Yes Format settings, Matrix : Default Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12 Duration : 59mn 40s Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 8 000 Kbps Width : 720 pixels Height : 480 pixels Display aspect ratio : 4:3 Frame rate : 29.970 fps Standard : NTSC Color space : YUV Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 Bit depth : 8 bits Scan type : Interlaced Scan order : Bottom Field First Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.772 Stream size : 3.40 GiB (94%) Audio ID : 1002 (0x3EA) Menu ID : 1 (0x1) Format : MPEG Audio Format version : Version 1 Format profile : Layer 2 Duration : 59mn 40s Bit rate mode : Constant Bit rate : 128 Kbps Channel(s) : 2 channels Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz Video delay : 13ms Stream size : 54.6 MiB (1%)

Are you using Media Server / Network Shares / or USB storage?

if you have a lot of files on the hard drive, turn off media library.

I’m using Network shares and an ethernet connect to a Windows Home Server where the video files are kept…

If you’re connecting wireless there will be bandwidth issues with any file greater than 15mbps or so (you can post the MediaInfo on one of your problem files for us to look it if you’re not sure).

If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do about it other than going wired OR compressing the file (like re-encoding with Handbrake, which is what a lot of us do).

D’oh – I just got up from my nap and then I see you DID post the MediaInfo.  And it doesn’t look all that huge.

Did you try playing it back from a local USB drive?  If it’s still choppy then you know it’s the file, otherwise it’s probably a network issue (and Tony’s the right guy for that).

Upon further review (yes, fans, football season has indeed begun) I don’t see a refframes notation in that MediaInfo (the reason I missed it in the first place is that layout is all condensed and seems to be missing a lot of stuff).

Can you try copying the MediaInfo again but make sure you have it ALL (it looks like it’s missing about half of what we need)?