WD Tv Live Hub On another Television

Hi, i’m a new italian user of this great product, but i don’t understand one thing: first, sorry for my bad english, but i’ve a question for you: if i want to see the movies that are stored on my hub, on another television that it’s not directly related to the player, that it’s located in a different room, how can i do?? I want to select the movie from my hub and not from my computer. It’ possible??? thanks a lot bye

In order to play ANYTHING on that other television, you’ll need a media player of some sort;  either DLNA or SMB compliant.   

The other television’s player will need to be connected to the same network as the Hub.

You can’t pick a movie from the Hub to play on another TV, but you CAN use the other TV’s player to choose what to play.

Thanx for your reply!!

so the solution is:

buy another wd tv live not hub , and  connect to the hub with the powerline av network kit - ( http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=310))

One powerline into the hub and one into new wd tv live…

it’s alright?

You can use a HUB *OR*  Non-hub;  just depends on the features you want…   

Grazie, only one more question…

The Hub and the Player must be connected to the router, or i can create a network only between the two players???

Bye

Yes, it’s possible, but the best results will come if both systems are connected in such a way that they have internet access…

Many many thanks for your attention and for your help!!!

bye