WD TV Live Full HD 1080p resets after log in to Youtube account

I created a new account and signed in. I added a video to favorites and now I can’t sign in again. Also, I deleted my previous youtube account and wanted to create a new one with the same name but youtube says I’m not able to use the deleted username ever again :dizzy_face:

Exact same issue. I have the latest firmware.

To start with I am running on v.17 so my WD box is up to date.  I have spent hours reviewing this and can’t nail it down, but in an effort to aid the WD lab I will try to post my set up as well as the things I have tried.  I am plugged into a Sony KDL46V5100 and a 7ft HDMI cable from a local budget store (works just fine).  Net work is an old belkin set as a gate to a DSL through ATT U-verse - 3 mip service.  My unit has updated two times from the day I set it up.  I have tried to login under both user name and e-mail, saving password and interring it, with and without HD set, and yes I have logged in just can’t repeat.

From the you tube side I think I have tried all the thing that have been posed but still no luck.  I have gone as far as to remove every thing from my youtube account.  I was thinking it may be a DRM problem - this issue has caused problems with my Sony BDP-N460 when logging into youtube, but when I remove all content it should go through just fine. I I have also gone through my Google account as well still no change. 

Hope this is of some help.

same thing here, when i log in in to my youtube account the device stop and then reboot !!! i see that i’m not the only one having that problem !! Plus other thing like mp4 not playing or out of sync but that another thread :manmad:!!! but i’m not happy with the wdtv live for now i still love my other wdtv hd with no issus !!! :smileyvery-happy:

Me too.  Worked a few days ago when box was brand new (prior to accessing account).  Now that I tried to log in, it has shut down YT completely, rebooting and now not accessing YT at all.  Firmware up to date, internet connection fine.

What happens to my WD TV is the following:

(1) I’ve setup the YT login following Google advise (link an existent Goole account to Youtube, due to passwd policy changes)

(2) First connection to YT account works perfectly on WD TV. You are able to access to your video and to all playlist generated

(3) Second time access, the WD hangs rebooting the console, and you cannot access to your accont anymore

WD support says it’s a Google problem, but if so I cannot understand why the first time everything is perfectly working.

Giovanni wrote:

What happens to my WD TV is the following:

(1) I’ve setup the YT login following Google advise (link an existent Goole account to Youtube, due to passwd policy changes)

(2) First connection to YT account works perfectly on WD TV. You are able to access to your video and to all playlist generated

(3) Second time access, the WD hangs rebooting the console, and you cannot access to your accont anymore

WD support says it’s a Google problem, but if so I cannot understand why the first time everything is perfectly working.

What you should be asking is why people like myself had this problem and then created a new account and now can watch youtube all day without a problem!!

richUK wrote:

What you should be asking is why people like myself had this problem and then created a new account and now can watch youtube all day without a problem!!

True, after creating a new account I’ve also had no problems signing in.

However, I had a weird issue yesterday when I’d signed in but then backed out to search / look at other stuff (only found your post a little later mentioning the Option button!).   I was browsing Featured videos, watched a couple and was looking at the list when I pressed the Back button.

Nothing seemed to happen and then it rebooted.

So there remain some fairly serious problems with YouTube functionality, in particular how the Live copes with unexpected errors. 

I just discovered this issue also in the last few days. Before that it was working fine. I’m not sure how long this Google change happened but what ever the issue, to cause a hardware reboot is just acceptable. This blame the other guy stance is a very slippery slop where nothing will ever get fixed and it is always the fault of something else and not the WD TV Live.

Well, I have spent some hard earned money on this device and at least there should be acknowledgement of fix for this, and don’t just say “Create another YouTube account”.

I was getting so frustrated about this issue & after reading MANY threads about this, I decided to take the plunge & create a new You Tube account. And what do you know…it works now. Go figure! I can’t explain it, but it works. To be safe, I used a non-google email & did not link it to my google account - there was some speculation that this was also a cause.

My problem is like that of others but entirely so. After creating a new YouTube account (two older ones worked via my web browser but not through the WD TV Live Media Player), I can now at least logon and see my “Playlists.” Moreover, thumbnails are displayed of the contents. The show stops at that point however. Any attempt to open a particular YouTube video produces a hang. I have waited up to 10 minutes but the condition never seems to resolve itself. This has been happening since noon today (03 Feb. 2010).

Any advice from someone who has actually experienced and solved the problem? Please spare me well-intended but idle and usually misleading speculation that too often manifests itself on support forums.

Julian wrote:

Any advice from someone who has actually experienced and solved the problem? Please spare me well-intended but idle and usually misleading speculation that too often manifests itself on support forums.

• *> Thats the price you pay for free advice.

Here in Macedonia I can sign un in Tou Tube without problem for now.

From time to time I can not rich You Tube but swith off the power and reboot it helps…

So far so good !