WD TV Live Firmware Version 103.22 Pre-release Update (6/9/10)

I own a TViX 4100 with sigma 8623 since 2007. It does evreything you are claiming here (except BD menus, ofcourse). Full DVD menu both from ISO or DVD files. BCS control. Volume control. Go to a specific time in the movie (hour, minute, second). And many, many other things that WD Live doesn’t do. All this with 8623 Sigma chip since 2007.

So, these are very very basic fuctions for Sigma 8655…

Hi again,

the audio option “Digital without HDMI audio” does not work correctly. The box gives still PCM audio over HDMI…

Problems using VOB files:

1. Menus work

2. Stop playback. Press Enter or Play @ the VIDEO_TS.VOB file Q. Restart or Resume.

3. If Resume is chosen Pause will not work during subsequent playback.

4. If Restart is chosen Pause will work  during subsequent playback.

Tested with several VOB files on local drive and over Network shares.

thanks  

1 Like

network share with 2 pc is ok with this firmware. With the V 1_02_21 only the latest log/pass was in memory, when i wnted to acess to the 2e pc, i must set the automatic log/pass off, and then wrote the log/pass again. This is resolved.— Thank you Mister WD

Hi,

I upgraded to the prerelease version.  Two issues

1. Facing issues with network shares, It can connect to my laptop, shows the folders, but when click enter over the folder it says no ‘’ NO MEDIA IN THE CURRENT FOLDER’'. All my videos and songs are located here.

It worked perfectly before the upgrade, but not now.

Any one faced this issue??? Any ideas, work arounds???  Please help

1. THe Mediafly - Internet Media is NOT WORKING AT ALL.  Luck for any one here on this forum???

THanks

TonyPh12345 wrote:

My first guess is that the rip is bad, and the PGC chains aren’t valid.  

Good first guess Tony. I tried another DVD with DVDFab, and burned to an iso file, and DVD Navigation works fine. I will try another disc later buring to vob files too see if that works for me. Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Sure, J.

Make sure you give a SOLVED checkmark on the posts that help you!

VBrain:   Good feedback.   I tried that and have the same issue.  Hopefully that’ll get quickly fixed.

As to not seeing PCs on a different workgroup:  That is the way it SHOULD work.   ALL PRIOR RELEASES were buggy in that regard, of showing ALL workgroups.

Just installed beta firmware and it seems really solid, little faster response than 1.02. I dont understand why mediafly only? Why not Hulu as well? Or we need “hardware upgrade” like PLUS version for Netflix? 

SjefDeKlerk wrote:

Menu navigation also seems to be much faster, is that correct ?

There must be a bug in that menu navigation code, because its clearly SLOWER here, not faster in any way.

1 Like

Recommendations— 

During DVDNav, the Title Banner should NOT say xxxx.ISO or xxxx.VOB.    Those are meaningless in a DVD form.   I would suggest that it should state TITLE# and CHAPTER# instead.

Of course, when DVD is being played in “File” Mode (not using DVD navigation) it should remain As-Is.

- After opening the Option Bar and selecting “Menu”, the Option Bar should immediately close, without having to click “Option” again.

–  It’s GREAT that the Skip buttons go Chapter forward and Back!  Kudos!

DVD needs an option to return to the root menu, its possible to get stuck in some menus who seem to assume you have a return to root button (and selecting ‘menu’ in options doesn’t do that)

I have no idea if this will solve your Seagate 1.5 TB issue but Seagate has a firmware update for that model.  Check it out to see if your issues match those resolved by Seagate.   By-the-way, I have two of these drives but have not, yet, updated the firmware.

Update loaded fine - did NOT have to reset anything. (Have never reset for previous upgrades either but this is my first beta upgrade - maybe I’m just lucky). Pleased to see audio information is no longer automatically displayed - good for playing video playlists. Tried DVD menu navigation with both ISO and VOB methods - both seem to work fine once you get used to the mechanism. Did NOT have any problem using pause key after stopping then choosing resume. Pressing option and selecting menu takes you back one level - e.g chapter menu. Selecting menu once more will take you back to previous menu level - e.g. disk menu One thing I noticed is that if you’re playing in DVD mode if you press fast forward and then press Next it simply jumps to next chapter rather than jump forward 10 mins as it would with a single stand alone file - not sure if this is by design. Nice that you can simply hit next to jump chapters - now if they can get it to do that in an MKV as well … Agree that it would seem you can’t set HDMI frame rate - if I play a 23.97 MKV by TV reports the imput as 50 Hz (my ‘standard’ setting) regardless of whether I set the Live to 23.97, 24 or Auto. Don’t have much 24 fps content that I play via this yet, so can’t comment if this is a change or not. Retained my network settings including my workgroup name and found content in network shares straight away - I’m on XP using hardwired setup. Have not had issues in the past accessing network shares, audio synch, 5.1 not passing through etc and still all OK in this version

Cocovanna wrote:

How about the transparent subs bug (when embedded in MKV file)? Anyone knows if this has been fixed (not mentioned in the release note :frowning: ). I am bit reluctant about installing the beta, but this would be a major issue for me, if it is fixed (all my Blu-rays, where I have to embed the subs, have transparent shadows around the subs, making them hard to see at light backgrounds).

Nope, hasn’t been fixed.

The DVD menus worked for me and have no problems with accessing videos from my media server.  MediaFly works for me also.  The only problem I have is I can only get audio through HDMI if stereo is selected.  If Digital or Digital without HDMI audio is selected, none of my videos that have digital audio will send audio over HDMI.  Digital audio is only sent over the optic cable.  I reverted back the firmware and all audio goes through the HDMI cable.  I’ve pressed the reset button on the side, reset defaults from the menu, and unplugged it for several minutes.  This audio problem is a deal killer for me because I only have a couple optical connections on my receiver and are all used.

I found the new beta firmware from WD yesterday and aside from one of my shares on my system not appearing due to a windows permissions error and a faulty port on my network switch, everything actually seems to work now.

I’ve been watching episodes of doc martin from my computer to the wdtvlive for the last 4 hours. Oh, my aching back!

Only thing different is that when I play an AVI file and fast forward it, pressing play brings up a blank, black screen for a second before playing. Did not do that with the previous firmware and I haven’t tried any other file type yet, am relaxing.

Thanks to who ever pointed out the reason for the LIVE PLUS! I guess it doesn’t matter though… cause I will eventually have a Ps3 or an X-box and they both have netflix on them, but it would have been nice to have that option. I wish we could trade our other ones in for a newer version for extra money.

Back to the firmware… so far so good. It seems to play ISO’s really well and I am so thankful. I had a bunch of x-file iso’s that just played all 4 episodes back to back and I couldn’t skipped through them well. It skips along with the chapters also well. I love it. I just hope they add USB HUB SUPPORT. That is all I want right now. Thanks WD and keep giving us features we ask for!

ALso please put in Zoom in and ZOom out options for the Iso’s when playing with the dvd menu. I see they are gone.

I wish they going to update a firm where for the live to enable watching netflix. It is kind of stupid that I just bought my live. and now they have live pluz.

My ISO-Backup from Star Trek XI play the trailer show at the  beginning (German version).  But, at the main Menu does not come up. Play back exit and return to the media browser. I can’t play the  main movie…

With this version when I try to change the video output to 1080p 23.976hz or 1080p 24hz, it will always change to 1080p 60hz. The box menu shows 1080p 23hz or 24hz but the TV is on 60hz.

This is wrong. With 1.02.21 this was ok. This is bad. I can’t see any mkv file on his original frame rate.

I can confirm this bug. I hope it will be resolved !