WD tv live doesnt play videos

Hi guys i’m new to the forum and i’m sure that this issue has brought up many times and i’m sorry about that…

Sometime when trying to watch a movie, when i press play the screens stucks in the load blue circle,The odd thing is that when i try to play some other movies than are on the usb flash driver (and know that are ok cause i’ve seen them before) nothing works…

I read somewhere that i have to restart the player to be able to play the old movies and that succeeded

But i must delete the “damaged” movie in able to get the player work…

I just wonder :  a) why is this happening, b) is there any solutions so i can watch my movies properly, c) can i fix this problem by updating the player…i hesitate after i watch all the other guys saying that updating isn’t solving anything…

i have used the wd tv 1st gen and i didnt have any problem like this…

Thank you very much and i’m sorry if my english are not that good :slight_smile:

Unfortunately you didn’t tell us which kind of movie you want to play. If these are AVI files: AVI is a container only, it can contain lots of differently encoded videos. If you don’t know what’s in those files, install the freeware MediaInfo and check whether the video format of the files is supported by the WD.

the problem i had was with the .mkv formats but i read in another post that if the movies  were created with mkvmerge 4.00 or newest edition, there could be a problem with the media player! So i just merged them with an older version of mkvmerge and now i can watch them properly with no problem at all…so i guess problem’s solved (at least i hope )

thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Kosbou21 wrote:

the problem i had was with the .mkv formats but i read in another post that if the movies  were created with mkvmerge 4.00 or newest edition, there could be a problem with the media player! So i just merged them with an older version of mkvmerge and now i can watch them properly with no problem at all…so i guess problem’s solved (at least i hope )

thanks for your help :slight_smile:

That problem should be overcome with the latest firmware.