WD TV How Can USB external Hub be Id'ed so more then 2HDD be used?

I purchased this unit to play my movie collection from HDD.  I have three 3tb HDD.  the unit I purchased has two USB ports.  I purchased a 7 port USB 2 hub hoping to be able to plug the third drive into the port and also be able to expand my collection with other HDDs.  I plugged in the hub however the unit would not recognize it and would not display the two hard disks I had connected.

Is there any work around or can the firm ware be updated to recognize a USB Hub? 

Does WD have a solution for this problem?

Thanks for you help

Al Wireman

I’ve not had a problem using a five-port USB hub with up to five drives on it.   Been a while since I tested it, though…

Thanks Tony for the quick response.  When I connect 2 HDD the menu show two drives #1, #2.  Whin I have 1 HDD and the Hub with 2HDD connected, the menu show #! HDD and nothing else.

The Hub I have has a power cord, and USB connection.  Is it possible that the 7 port is too large?  Did you do anything differnent, settings in setup on anything other than plugging it in.

Thanks very much for your help

Best regards,

Al Wireman

Nope… just plugged it in and it works.  But of course, there’s no guarantees that ALL hubs will work the same…

Thanks Very Much.  I will try a different Hub.  My hub was a USB2 I don’t know if that makes any difference.

Thanks Again

Al Wireman