WD TV behaving strangely

I’ve had a WD TV for a few weeks now (bought it off ebay), When I got it everything seemed to work fine, but its now started doing two very strange things.

Firstly, if I don’t use it for a day or so, the only way I can get it to boot up is to turn the power off and back on again, if I don’t it just displays “no signal” on the hdmi channel and nothing I press on the remote wakes it up.

The next thing it does is if I’m streaming a media file from my WD MyCloud. It will play for 15 minutes or so, but it then just freezes, and I have to again turn the power off and on again for it to boot up, nothing I press on the remote works.

I’ve tried re-setting it via the options menu but that didn’t work, does anyone know what could be causing this issue and how to fix it?

Thaks

Return tot Firmware 1.16.13 it is the most stable one !
Version 2.02.32 is unstable and had soms bugs and also the previous version 2.01.86.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=5860

Good luck.

Hi Dr_Evil,

Thanks for your answer. I have the same problem.
How can I do to return to Firmware 1.16.13? Your link is not available anymore…

Thanks

Hello,

The links is still working over here, other wise search on Western Digital Live TV Firmware Rollback.
I have tested Firmware version 1.16.13 and it also has problems with freezing and ffwd.
I have tested Firmware version 1.15.10 now for almost a week with a lot of movies at it works fast and without any problems, so i keep this version.

Greetings Dr_ Evil