Wd Sync - "WDMyCLoud is mising" - school network

I use WD Sync on my school computer (I am a teacher) to sync the files on my school laptop to my My Cloud at home. It’s been working GREAT and I love having the same files no matter where I am, without having to take home my school laptop.

A week or so ago, the school network admin changed the Internet filter and now blocked some of the functions of WD Sync. I don’t think it was on purpose - they have been doing work on the network. I could not even go to mycloud.com to log in without getting a “blocked domain” screen. I had him unblock mycloud.com, now it loads but it will not get to the log in screen.

Does anyone have a list somewhere of all the possible domains that should be unblocked to allow WD Sync access to the Internet to continue functioning? I do not want to go back to having to use a flash drive every day!

Hi there,

Perhaps it could also be a service that is being blocked in order to get WD sync working again, i do not have this information, lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

I connected my laptop with the mobile hotspot on my smart phone while at school today and it worked fine - so, I’m not sure what is being blocked. But as soon as I went back to the school wifi it lost the connection to WD Sync.

What happens when you get to the mycloud.com screen and click on the Sign In button? What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?

Nothing - it just loads a blank page. Using Google Chrome. Does the same on IE