WD Sync From Other Network

Excuse the basic question, but should WD Sync be able to send files to the MyCloud device when I am not on the same network as the device?

It seemed to work fine from my laptop when I was on my home network, but it has not worked since then. My device is at my home in PA, but am currently in AZ.

I read the poorly written user manual, but could not seem to find the answer to such a basic question. Thanks for any help.

Steve

Yes WD Sync is supposed to sync to a remote My Cloud. You may have change how you access the My Cloud though. One would use their MyCloud.com created login rather than using the My Cloud Dashboard created User/password login.

I have the same username password for both, but I don’t even see a place in the WD Sync to configure what login it uses.

The MyCloud.com web portal login name is an email address, the My Cloud Dashboard generally doesn’t use an email address as the User name. The WD Sync Help states the following:

Syncing files between home and work computers

If you did not create (or provide) your wdmycloud.com login and link your WD personal cloud storage device to it when you installed the WD Sync software on your computer, use this dialog on the General tab display to link to it now.

Type your email address in the Email box.
Click Submit.

I will see what I can find out about it, then. Thanks so much!