WD Sync - Default Folder Location

Is there a way to change the default folder location for syncing on my local PC? My C: Drive is an SSD with limited storage, while my D: drive is a 3TB Raid array. I would like to move the location of the sync folder to drive D:.

Thanks,
Don

Yes, have you reviewed the WD Sync help? In particular the “Adding a new sync folder pair” in the WD Sync embedded Help.

During the installation of the WD Sync program one, from what I remember, is given the oportunity to select the default sync folders (Documents, Pictures, Video, etc) or to select other locations from which to monitor for syncing.

If you wanted to change the sync destination location from the My Cloud to some other location that may (I’m not sure) not be possible in WD Sync. If you want to sync from your C drive to the D drive one can use third party sync software to accomplish that task. Or if one wants to dump WD Sync (due to various issues it causes) one can use third party software to sync across the local network to the My Cloud.

Free File Sync (https://www.freefilesync.org/) is one such free third party sync program some here have used rather than WD Sync for local network syncing.

Yeah, I see I can add a new folder, but not change the default folder location, or remove it.

Another quirk, if I add a folder I can select a folder within a top level share, but not the top level share folder as the folder to sync with. That’s pretty disappointing. That would have made this perfect for me.

Thanks,
Don