WD Sync cannot connect WD Cloud drive

I too want my problems resolved. I have better things to do than troubleshoot their product. I want a solid product. It doesn’t have to perform like a EMC Isilon, but it should handle it’s anticipated load and not choke every 6 hours. DropBox like functionality is the killer piece for the home based NAS market.

Just like a team wanting to win a game. You have to execute to score and hope your opponent didn’t bring their “A” game. DropBox is bringing their “A” game so WD needs to be on point.

Anybody any hints on how to go about resolving this problem, anyone from WD Engineering?

I don’t think anyone from WD engineering ever ventures here…

I suspect your only recourse is likely to be escalated support. Or DIY.

I think @cpt_paranoia is correct. The moderators have been mostly silent for these issues. I did have a moderator flag my comment for support. Support called and had me do a system only factory restore. Did not solve, but that is when I dug deeper. I provided my successful and failure transactions yesterday and received the standard “escalation to development” message.

All these issues from the September release and the issues from WD Sync is big. Only thing missing is a message from the top.

2014 message

I had this exact same issue running OSX 10.11.1 (latest) and have found a fix so it may help others.

To confirm:

• I could access the drive fine via the finder
  • I could access the dashboard (it’s running latest firmware)
  • I could login to MyCloud.com and see the device.

However, When using WD Sync I had issues. I could login to MyCloud.com, see the WDMyCloud device listed, select it so a tick is shown, press “Next”, login then it would say please wait even if I left it for hours and hours.

To fix: I went into the settings > General > Cloud Access > (make sure Remote Access is on) clicked on “Configure »” and set Connectivity to “Auto” and save. Then when I tried WD Sync again it worked fine. Perhaps the WD Sync app needs some settings added to define custom ports?

Thanks JackLawry… that did the trick.