WD SW doesn't offer D drive

WD SW Version 1.4.5.2 with My Book Essential on

Dell Latitude D630.

I use to be able to select either the C or D drive to backup, but now, only the C drive is showing, not allowing me to select the D drive (doesn’t even show up in the drop down).

D drive is a partition on my laptop hard drive.  C is the OS, D holds all the “My Documents” files that really need to be backed up.

I’ve unplugged the external drive from the PC and outlet, and plugged back in, but still doesn’t see a d drive.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried uninstalling WD Smartware to try a fresh installation once more?

There is update available to your current version at:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/step2.asp?id=wdfMB_Essential&os=WIN

Regards,

Downloaded and installed latest/current version, and now the ‘Backup’ and ‘Retrieve’ tabs are greyed out (not selectable).

On the ‘Home’ Tab, I can select my C or D drive to check the size (or whatever the bar graph shows), but everything stays grey.  It doesn’t search the C or d to see what files are there.

mtbe1 wrote:

Downloaded and installed latest/current version, and now the ‘Backup’ and ‘Retrieve’ tabs are greyed out (not selectable).

On the ‘Home’ Tab, I can select my C or D drive to check the size (or whatever the bar graph shows), but everything stays grey.  It doesn’t search the C or d to see what files are there.

Did you reboot after the installation?  This usually happens if you did not reboot after the installation/upgrade.

Yes: Rebooted.  Twice.

Same problem.

I just reinstalled ver 1.2.0.20 and it works just fine…