WD SUPPORT IS A JOKE! Read this

I submitted a support request on 29th Dec 2009. (click for details >  Can’t specify which files - 100% CPU….)

On 10th Jan 2010, almost 2 weeks later, I received a response.

At first, I though I’d mis-read it.  It’s unbelieveable!!!  WD now expect customers, who’ve asked for support, to email them again to confirm that they want the support that they already asked for !!!

The following is unedited (apart from highlighting certain phases)…

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the delay in responding to you. Due to heavy volume, we are currently beyond our normal turnaround of 1 business day.

We realize that some of you may have already found the answers to your questions. In an effort to respond to your needs more efficiently, please do one of the following:

If you have already found the answers to your questions and DO NOT REQUIRE a response from us, please DO NOT REPLY to this email.

If you have not found the answer(s) to your question(s) and DO REQUIRE a response from us, please REPLY to this email. In your reply, you can just state that you still need an answer to your questions. If you do not respond to this email, we will assume that you do not require a response from us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Sincerely,
Western Digital Service and Support

I really hope this is not their normal standard (else I’ll be going back to Seagate).  Can other users please post here to indicate if this is typical or an exception to the norm?  Has your support experience been good, bad or indifferent?

1 Like

IT JUST GOT WORSE!!!

Since responding to WD Support’s email, to state that “Yes, I do still want you to support me”, I received THIS…

Your recent incident update was from an email address not associated
with the incident. In an effort to maintain the security of
information, we cannot update the incident using this email address.
If you are the incident owner and your email address has changed, or
you want to be able to update the incident using this email account,
please update your contact information using the following link, then
resubmit your update.

They sent their original email to my address, I replied from the receiving email address, and now WD claim the address doesn’t match the incident.   If this happened in the company I work for, heads would roll !

HOW ON EARTH CAN I (or anyone else) GET SUPPORT FROM WD ???

You can see it if you click on the link in my original post (at top of this thread), where it says: "(click for details “Can’t specify which files - 100% CPU…)”.

UPDATE: WD_Guru, did you try the link @ the top of this thread? Do you have any thoughts on the issues it describes?

WD_Guru?

So, WD_Guru, are you proposing that people who pay good money for software, should simply not use it if it is faulty, rather than expect the manufacturer to address the issue???

That’s bit a like telling someone who’s bought a new car, that turns out to be seriously faulty, to start walking!  I would strongly argue the car should be fixed, or the payment refinded! And NOT to accept the rip-off service.  I believe the sameap plies to software

Perro,

I want to respond to your first and second posts for everyone’s benefit.

We got behind due to heavy volumes, and needed to make sure everyone still needed and/or wanted help. You chose to request more help.

The second response you received from us was an automatically generated response because your email address is different than the email in your profile. This can happen one of two ways:

1. The email address in your profile was updated and is now different than the email address you used in your reply.
  2. The email we sent you was forwarded to another email address, which was used in your reply, which is also different than the email address in your profile.

In the future, everyone needs to make sure to respond from the original email address that was used to start the support incident. If you updated the email in your profile, under “My Stuff,” you will need to make sure that it is the same email address you are currently using for your support incident.

To verify and/or update you email address, follow the link below, log in, and make sure your email address is the original email address you started with. If you can’t go back to the original email address, then create a new incident explaining what happened, and refer to the old incident for help. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/acct_login.php?

The picture file that I uploaded will help point you in the right direction for verifying or updating your email address.

wow after all of this do we know how to get support?